Okay, so we managed to attempt napping in the big girl bed again today. I did it a little differently, though. Yesterday, I laid down by Caroline's bed in an attempt to keep her in her bed. It took her a good hour and a half to finally go to sleep, and several times of almost snoozing myself! I was just praying she would go to sleep before Eric woke up from his nap!
Today I decided I wasn't up for laying down in her room for another couple hours, nor do I want to set that as precedent for how she falls asleep in her bed every time. I didn't stay in the room today, and she kept tip toeing to the door, which was cracked, thinking it was a game when I caught her out of her bed (she would have this huge grin on her face, knowing she was doing something naughty!) I ended up putting a baby gate in front of her door, hoping that would keep her from wanting to "sneak out." Right or wrong, it seemed to do the trick, because she stopped going for the door and just piled up right in the middle of the floor - in 15 minutes with no fussing, too! I could just hear her in there saying over and over, "Night-night, night-night." It's progress at least....
Today I decided I wasn't up for laying down in her room for another couple hours, nor do I want to set that as precedent for how she falls asleep in her bed every time. I didn't stay in the room today, and she kept tip toeing to the door, which was cracked, thinking it was a game when I caught her out of her bed (she would have this huge grin on her face, knowing she was doing something naughty!) I ended up putting a baby gate in front of her door, hoping that would keep her from wanting to "sneak out." Right or wrong, it seemed to do the trick, because she stopped going for the door and just piled up right in the middle of the floor - in 15 minutes with no fussing, too! I could just hear her in there saying over and over, "Night-night, night-night." It's progress at least....
1 comment:
At our place we call it a "puppy gate".....
Post a Comment