Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bedtime Ramblings

I know it's been forever since I've done a post, but most of you know that things have been a little crazy around here! Now that the dust is beginning to settle, and things are resembling normal (whatever that is!), I'm hoping to get back on track.
Caroline has been in her big girl bed for a while now, but lately bedtime has just been a nightmare. It seems like it takes her forever to go to sleep, and it may be 10:00 some evenings before it's quiet in her room. So to avoid the yelling and crying and general stalling, I've been laying down on the floor next to her bed for much longer than I'd like to admit. It makes the evening much less stressful for everyone, because she seems to go to sleep much quicker knowing I'm right there.
So before she falls asleep, she does quite a bit of talking to her babies (stuffed animals in her bed - at least 20 of them!), and just talking to herself. It's so sweet and innocent, and I just love listening to what's going on in that little head of hers! Here is a short list of some of my latest favorites:
"Dear God, thanks for Mommy, and Mommy Fish, and Nash, and Zoey, and Cassie, and Ryan, and Daddy, and Lacey, and Eric...."
(Always in that order. I don't know why the dogs Nash and Zoey are so high on the list...)
"Boys don't wear dresses. Only girls"
"I like Granddaddy the best. He's my friend. I like to hug him and stuff. I like to eat with him, and play with him."
"Hey guys, I'm tired. Let's go night night." (Talking to her babies)
"You are the best babies EVER!"
"I'm going to be three years old!"
She loves to sing - the ABC song, the Laurie Berkner dinosaur song, and count to 20 (I think we've finally accepted the fact that 15 comes after 14, it doesn't skip to 16).
Eric, on the other hand, can't get into his bed fast enough most nights. He occasionally talks a little before going to sleep, but for the most part, the boy is ready to hit the sack! Now if anyone has any suggestions on how to get them to sleep past 6:30 a.m......

1 comment:

audreypenrose said...

I especially love they one about only girls wearing dresses! Kids are so funny. I am totally going to hide the monitor in their room when they get a little earlier to hear some of these sweet things!!!

Maybe I will use the monitor again when they are teenagers ;)