Thursday, August 28, 2008

Desperate Times....


.....call for desperate measures! And I'm desperate to have Caroline eat a little meat! She is still a pretty picky eater, and RARELY eats meat. (Luckily, Eric will eat anything you put in front of him - so far!) She'll eat the "corny" part of a corny dog, but not the dog part. She won't eat chicken, turkey, fish or beef. Occasionally she'll eat a piece of pepperoni, but she has to be in the right mood. So, I decided to try to be sneaky, and found this recipe for Cheeseburger Mini Muffins. Sounds yummy, right? Not! I mean, the girl will inhale anything that looks like a cupcake or muffin, so I figured this HAD to be a home run. Not so much. After taking one bite, she announced that she didn't like it. Another night of going to bed with no dinner. The recipe made 5 dozen mini muffins, so I have a freezer full. Don't everyone call at once to claim yours.


Gross with a capitol "G." This picture doesn't even do the batter justice. It was nasty looking.



The muffins turned out to look not so bad. I tried one just to see what I was feeding my kid. Sort of like a sausage ball - sort of.

*Update: This evening, Caroline ate almost an entire jar of baby meat sticks by herself. Who knew?

1 comment:

megan said...

and I forgot to take some home. darn. just kidding, I really meant to. oh well.