Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Picture Shy and Haircut

Many of y'all know that Caroline is pretty shy. It takes her a little bit to warm up. Well lately, she's been extra shy - especially when it comes to pictures. There have been a couple of things I've wanted to post, but being that she won't let me take her picture, I guess I'll just have to TELL you about them!
Caroline has been very opposed to me putting her hair up, let alone even brushing it. She wants me to do it the same way every day, "in one pigtail where I can see it." I tried to explain that it will be summer soon, and we'll need to put it in a ponytail or pigtails, but she will have none of it. I told her that if she won't let me put it up or even brush it that we're going to have to get it cut a little shorter.
I made one attempt to go get it cut when I took Eric last, and she threw the biggest temper tantrum you've ever seen. I'm SO glad we were the only ones in there, and the girls there were just so sweet. They even insisted that it wasn't the worst they've seen (which I'm sure they were just saying that to make me feel better!)
About a month ago, I decided we had to take reinforcements since I didn't think I could handle both by myself should the same thing happened. We took Daddy and told her that we were going to Chick-fil-A afterwards if she was a good girl while she got her hair cut. That seemed to go over well, and we talked about it all weekend before we headed over on a Monday morning. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, you could see the anxiety begin. Needless to say, she again threw a big temper tantrum, but I managed to hold her in my lap while the girl attempted to give this child a hair cut. She was facing me with her head on my chest turned one way. The girl cut one side, then we eventually got her to turn her head so she could cut the other side. I think she did a pretty good job getting it even considering the client she was working with!! Her hair is now chin length and just precious. We did take the kids to Chick-fil-A afterwards, and Caroline announced to my mom that we went because, "I was such a good girl while I got my hair cut!"
So, here are the only pictures I've managed of our little lady since the haircut. See what I mean?


4 comments:

Missy said...

I am impressed you were able to get it cut. I am taking Avery this week.I am a little nervous about it!!! I will let you know how it goes. I love your new background!

Jason and Kyla said...

I love that she's hiding and he's cheesing! : ) And love the hair. So cute! Tyler will want hers like that when she sees it.

megan said...

love, love, love her new haircut!!! can't wait to see it in person. hopefully we can get together one of these days soon!

audreypenrose said...

If you took her to Pigtails & Crewcuts, they were probably referring to Evan when they said "we've seen worse"

I dread going...we literally have to hold him down. But he looks enough like a girl as it is, that with long hair it would just be sad!

Anyway, Caroline's haircut is too cute. We have to get together!!!!