Update: So Caroline never actually got into the water during her swim lesson. She wanted to go early to play in the water, and stay afterwards to play, but couldn't make herself actually get in with the other kids. We ended up blowing off the last two lessons since the entire lesson was done IN the pool. She would sit on the edge and watch everyone else at the CROWDED pool and would get so distracted. So, I'm already on the hunt for swim lessons: round 2. Maybe we'll try the private route this time.
I signed Caroline up for swim lessons this summer through the city's Parks and Recreation program. She's taking them with one of her good buddies from church and playgroup, Alivia. I'm so glad she has a friend like Alivia.
Day one of swim lessons didn't go so well. The classes are only 30 minutes long, and she spend most of the first one fussing on and off, and in and out of my lap. She didn't even get in the water. Day two went better, I guess. She still didn't get in the water, but she agreed not to fuss. I told her she didn't have to get in if she didn't want to, but she had to stay on the side of the pool and watch the other kids, which she did. Today our deal (hopefully) is to actually get in the water during the lesson. I'll let you know how it goes!
Caroline didn't want me to take her picture. Shocking, I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment