Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two Months?

Are you kidding me? Has it seriously been two months since my last post? I can't even believe it's almost August, and we're starting to think about going back to school! How in the heck is summer going so fast?
I wish I could say we've been out of town a lot traveling..... or something exciting like that. It feels like we've had a busy summer so far, but I couldn't tell you what we've been busy doing! Lots of playdates, and lots of swimming. Yes, Caroline does like to swim, just not during a lesson! I also feel like she is warming up (sometimes) to having her picture taken. Maybe we'll actually be able to have a family portrait done sometime before she graduates high school!
So here are some pictures of a typical afternoon at our house trying to beat the heat:








Oh, and I've had a couple of projects I've been trying to work on here and there.
Like changing this:



To this:

It's not completely done in this picture, but you get the idea. I think I painted a couple more coats after this picture, and there is now hardware on all the cabinets and doors. I'll post a real after picture once the walls are painted!


And this:






To this:


Really brightens up our entry!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Girl, it looks amazing!! Seriously, I am SO proud of you and all of your hard work. It is inspiring so maybe I will start on our house this Fall. Oh, and i love the pic of your boys. Too cute!! Hope to see you all soon.
xoxo

Jill said...

Shannon, it looks awesome! Way to go.

Marti said...

Wow! That looks so great! It also looks like a LOT of work. Guess now we know where your summer went. ;)

Beth said...

Shannon! It looks great! Wow I can't imagine all the hours it took you. Great job!

Missy said...

It looks so much better since I saw it last with blue tape everywhere. Just kidding. I am very proud of you! There is a small chance we are coming in for a few days later this month!!!

audreypenrose said...

It looked even better in person when I saw it!! I can't wait to see what wall colors you choose.