Monday, September 07, 2009

Slumber Party!

We had our dear friends come and stay overnight a few weeks ago and just had the best time! Kyla came down a day early with the kids, Tyler and Weston for a little play time before they went to a family birthday celebration.
We rode our bikes and scooters in the driveway, and then just as Kyla and I had decided we'd have a picnic dinner at the park, the thunder and lightning started, and sure enough we got a little rain!! We ended up having dinner at the house, then watching "Finding Nemo" before heading to bed. The girls slept together in Caroline's bed, while Weston and Kyla bunked together. Eric is our early riser, so he stayed in his room alone (I mean, who wants to get up at 5:30 a.m.??) The girls had so much fun together, and Weston kept sneaking into their room to see what all the giggling was about. It was the cutest thing. I think they finally crashed around 10:00 p.m. or so. The next morning we headed to the park, then back to the house for a little slip-n-slide action and lunch. We had an absolute ball and can't wait to see them again soon! Thanks for coming y'all!



The kids watching the movie after dinner




Shirts are optional at our house.
And no, the gate is not for the kids.
After the rain, I can't ever get the dog's feet completely clean so
we have to confine her to the kitchen for a little while.



Sweet friends.
I hope there are lots more slumber parties for these two!



Tyler



Weston. Man he loves the slip-n-slide!


No comments: