This post is long overdue! I can't believe my little girl turned four last month! We started her birthday morning opening her presents from us, which were waiting for her when whe woke up. I took cupcakes to school for her to share with her classmates to celebrate. That evening, Mommy Fish and Buggy came over for a little celebration with pizza and cupcakes.

Caroline and her assistant opening the presents

Checking out her Snow White magnet game with Daddy

She was so funny about this present. At the toy store where we get all the birthday presents for our friends, they have these little animal families (sort of like Little People, but they're animals) called Calico Critters. She'd been very specific about wanting a puppy and kitty family, but not a bunny family. (My mom had to go back to exchange the bunny family she'd bought for a kitty family!) We got her one of the puppy families, and this was one of the first presents she opened up that morning. Once she tore enough paper off to see what it was, she closed the wrapping paper back up and said, "I wanted to open that one last!" So she opened all the other gifts before she came back to the puppy family to open it all the way.

Here she is opening it last

Checking it out

Opening her kitty family from Buggy and Mommy Fish that evening

She loves the kitty family!
We had our in-town family over the following weekend for cake and ice cream. It was a rocky start to the party. She ended up bumping her mouth on one of our chairs before everyone even arrived, and there was blood involved (luckily, she still has all her teeth!) It took some time for her to settle down and get back in party mode. She didn't want to blow out candles or have anyone sing to her, so we dug into her Tinkerbell cake right off the bat. Chocolate always makes a bobo better! I think the chocolate thing must be genetic.

The chocolate Tinkerbell cake - another specific request for her birthday!

Mmmmm.... I think my mouth is feeling better!

I got the two cousins these little rocket things as party favors to play with. They were a hit with all the kids and were so much fun to play with. I love that Learning Express!

The cash register from Grandmommie and Granddaddy was a hit with all the kids!

Eric and Aidan were launching rockets at each other the entire time - it was so cute!
Eric just loves playing with his cousins!

Trying to shoot a rocket
No comments:
Post a Comment