Whew! We had the best trip a few weeks back. Mom and I took the kids to visit some friends on our annual pumpkin patch trip. We had the best time and can't wait to hang out with everyone again soon! We started the fun out with a little dress up.
Two beautiful girls!
My little diva. Or would that be divo? What's the masculine form of "diva?"
Sorry Eric, but you really do love necklaces and bracelets. The princess purse is a little much, though, even for me. I couldn't resist.
He is a ham. This is his latest "cheese" smile.
At least one kid poses for pictures.
Weston and Tyler - they are just so precious! And they do a great job posing for pictures for their mom, too!
My kids.... not so cooperative. This is as good as it got. I'm praying we don't get sick this season, but seeing as how both kids can't keep their hands out of their mouths, it's not looking good.
So many pumpkins!


Caroline and Weston bouncing
Weston
Weston and Caroline
Man, she had fun!


Tyler and Caroline. Sweet friends.
After having a fun visit with our friends, we got up really early on Saturday to go see my niece, Clancey, in the annual Peanut Parade. She competed in the Peanut Pageant, so all the contestants rode on a float. I'll spare you all the labor pains, but we ended up missing the parade. We pulled into our parking spot just as everyone started walking to their cars. Unbelieveable. Lucky for us, the parade sort of made a lap, around the block, so we did get to see her on her float!
Eric wouldn't get on the float, so we posed in front of it.
Sorry Eric, but you really do love necklaces and bracelets. The princess purse is a little much, though, even for me. I couldn't resist.
At least one kid poses for pictures.
So our plans for the pumpkin patch changed a little while we were there. We planned to go to this place where they had a petting zoo, and hayrides - all the fun pumpkin patch stuff. Once we got there and saw all the cars stuck in the muddy parking lot, we decided to figure out a plan B. I'm so glad we did, because as we were turning around, the tractor pulling one of the hay rides got stuck in some REALLY deep mud. I don't even want to think about all those mom's treading through all that mud carrying their kids back to dry ground....
We found a cute Methodist church and tried to get some pictures and pumpkins. Afterwards, we went to lunch, then Kyla and I took the kids to a bounce house place, which was a huge hit.
After having a fun visit with our friends, we got up really early on Saturday to go see my niece, Clancey, in the annual Peanut Parade. She competed in the Peanut Pageant, so all the contestants rode on a float. I'll spare you all the labor pains, but we ended up missing the parade. We pulled into our parking spot just as everyone started walking to their cars. Unbelieveable. Lucky for us, the parade sort of made a lap, around the block, so we did get to see her on her float!
The theme for the parade and pageant was "Las Vegas." So fun.
After visiting with some family at the parade, we headed over to the Peanut Festival. This thing is so big it turns their little 1,500 population town into 10,000. This thing was huge!
Here we are fishing with Mommy Fish. We also played the "Lucky Duck" game where you pick a duck and get a prize that matches the number on the bottom of your duck. We could either choose a toy knife or a toy sword. Just what I want my 2 and 4 year olds to play with. Classic.
Watching the merry-go-round with Aunt Janis
Caroline was really in awe of the merry-go-round. She just couldn't muster enough courage to actually ride anything this trip.
Caroline and Eric had the best time playing with Aunt Vicki at Grandmommie and Granddaddy's house! Granddaddy was also really good at hide-and-go-seek. I'm sad I didn't get any pictures of that!
My mom was sweet enough to watch the kids at the hotel while Rick (who drove up to meet us that afternoon) and I went to the pageant that night. Thanks again, mom!
Two words: Elvis impersonator. He performed several times throughout the pageant and was pretty funny.
These pictures didn't come out very well because I didn't think to change the setting on my camera!
These pictures didn't come out very well because I didn't think to change the setting on my camera!
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the matching shirts with your friends. I think you matched last year. Where do you get them?
Last year Kyla found some cute ones on Etsy, and these are from the Gap. We bought them in August and even then it was hard to find all the kids' sizes! Oh, and I still have Avery's bottle!
I mean Kendall's bottle.... :)
Post a Comment